Why do I say creative financial support? Because the generosity of God's people pours out in all sorts of ways!
- Our new website is the generous gift of SiteCrafting of Tacoma (and now Spokane!) You can read about their amazing gift in the Spokesman Review. (Let us know what you think of the site in the poll, right!)
- A number of splendid saddles have shown up on our doorstep for our new Shoshone Creek Ranch. We took one in for a good oiling and learned it's an old-time working cowboy saddle ... close to a hundred years old and still in fantastic condition!
- Immanuel, Moscow chipped in $1,400 from their congregation's Mission Endowment Fund to buy helmets and other safety equipment for our horses.
- Our Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Region also granted us a couple thousand for safety equipment and corral fencing.
- An anonymous gift of $16,000 passed our way through the Inland Northwest Community Foundation to help build five new camper tent cabins at the ranch.
- Four churches in Spokane just got together for their annual Campership Dinner and Auction and raised more than $11,000 to send needy kids to a week of Bible camp!
In honor of the support given to Camp Lutherhaven: A place where freedom to embrace faith and share God's love is never taken for granted but enriched and strengthened.
The flag sold to a great Lutherhaven supporter for a hefty sum that will benefit a whole bunch of kids, then was (surprise!) presented to me as a gift to Lutherhaven. Most moving of all, Major Douglas Piehl, the officer who orchestrated the whole thing, made a surprise visit via Skype from a laptop computer perched on the altar, where he watched the whole thing and said a few words. There weren't too many dry eyes in the audience!
From websites to saddles to Camperships to flags flown on the other side of the world, God's hand has been present through six decades in every arena of the life and ministry of Lutherhaven!
Thanks to all for being so invaluable to God's work here!